Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Night weaning, day one

I feel like I should document it, just to show that it does work sometimes, so that on the days that it doesn't, I have proof!
Last night was really day one of getting Jonah to sleep through the night. Of course I'm not going to quit him cold turkey, so he woke up to nurse at:

10-ish &
4-ish

And then again this morning at 6 when he thought he might like to wake up, but I gave him another quick snack so I could sleep in longer :)
I'm very happy. He usually wakes me up every 2-3 hours and it's much easier for me to give in when I'm tired and lift up my shirt. He doesn't need it, he just expects it. So I am going to try my darndest to stop it. And just so you know, he had to work really hard to get both of those feedings last night! But a binky just wouldn't cut it and I didn't want to fight with him for too long.

Pretty good for day one, but I know that over the next couple weeks he's just gonna fight harder and I'm gonna have to hold strong! So wish me luck!

(Here's a picture, just for fun)
Nap Hair

No comments: