Thursday, September 2, 2010

Perfect chocolate cake! And more!

We have like 6 zucchini's (not kidding) in our house right now and Derek found a recipe for a chocolate zucchini cake with cream cheese chocolate frosting. And so I needed an occasion to make it, and tonight our ward is doing the last EQ BBQ of the summer. And I have to say it is atleast the prettiest cake I have ever made. I hope the yummiest too. Haven't tasted anything because that would ruin the prettiness! See, look!



Just after frosting it



Then I added powdered sugar. It needed something extra.

I have to wait to taste it until at least 6:30 tonight. And hope it doesn't wilt in the heat because there is no room in my fridge right now! And I need to transfer it to a prettier tray. Anyone know how to do that?

On another note, Jonah had his 18 month appointment today. 7% for weight, so he went up a percent since last appointment, which is a relief! Because if he stayed as he was they were probably going to make me change his diet. 55% for his head and something like 22% for height. My pediatrician says he's tiny, but perfect! Perfect. That's always what you want to hear about your child.

P.S. Recipe for you!

2 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

That looks like such a yummy cake. I'm sad that I could not partake.
Also, exciting to hear that your baby is perfect.

LyddieGal said...

Yum, I love chocolate zucchini cake!! I have recipe for one with chocolate chips on top instead of frosting.

for cake relocation after frosting... I'm not quite sure -- but in the future, you can put the cake on to the serving dish and slide pieces of wax paper all around the bottom edge.

then you frost the cake, making as huge a mess as you need to, and when you are finished, slide the paper out. Then your dish is perfectly clean!

Chic on the Cheap