Saturday, May 21, 2011

Simple days

I love days like today. Just easy, relaxing days. Days where you get things done, but you still make time to enjoy yourself. I've been feeling in need of social interaction and got a nice little dose today. Started off easy. This morning I baked cheesecake bars for Derek's brothers Boy Scout court of honor tomorrow, then Jonah took a nap, and after that we just enjoyed ourselves outside. Got out of the house on a non-rainy day this week. Played at the park in our backyard and just as we were walking home, daddy woke up and joined us. We finally used our $25 Outback Giftcard from christmas and did dinner and then spent the rest of the evening on a walk, visiting with our friends and neighbors from the ward. I love spontaneous visits. I'm so excited for the warmer weather to allow for them again!

So really, nothing new to post, but I just really enjoyed the simple enjoyment of our day. Not much was done, but it doesn't feel wasted.

P.S. Excited for cousin's homecoming tomorrow to taste the new cheesecake recipe I used!

2 comments:

sav said...

well, now that mentions cheesecake bars you better put the recipie on here stat... cause that sounds exactly like something i could crave.. or have been craving... =)

Sam and Melissa said...

Don't you just love days like that? You guys need to give us a spontaneous visit on of these days :) I am so excited you are having a little girl! Two little ones, how cool.